Turbine House

The existing building was designed by the Austrian architect Erich Franz Leischner (1887 – 1970) and erected between 1911 and 1913 to house a turbine. It was part of a water reservoir belonging to the Second Vienna Spring Water Main (II. Wiener Hochquellenwasserleitung) built during the last years of the Austrian-Hungarian Monarchy to supply the city with drinking water. … Continue reading

The Squirrels are Back: Revitalization of a Kindergarten in Vienna

One year after its 20th anniversary the kindergarten Viverica (the Croatian word for Squirrel) of the Burgenland Croatian Center in Vienna needed a facelift. The budget and timescale we had at disposition were limited. Works had to be done during summer holidays, the only period of the year, where the kindergarten is to be found empty. … Continue reading