Turbine House

The existing building was designed by the Austrian architect Erich Franz Leischner (1887 – 1970) and erected between 1911 and 1913 to house a turbine. It was part of a water reservoir belonging to the Second Vienna Spring Water Main (II. Wiener Hochquellenwasserleitung) built during the last years of the Austrian-Hungarian Monarchy to supply the city with drinking water. … Continue reading

WRAP Design Study

Within the WRAP design study, innovative and sustainable solutions for the improvement of existing buildings were developed. We took a poorly insulated single family home from the 1970s as an example to show the potential of industrially manufactured panels for thermal insulation in comparison to commonly used products such as expanded polystyrene. Insulation made of polystyrene in conglomerate with other building materials can … Continue reading