Turbine House

The existing building was designed by the Austrian architect Erich Franz Leischner (1887 – 1970) and erected between 1911 and 1913 to house a turbine. It was part of a water reservoir belonging to the Second Vienna Spring Water Main (II. Wiener Hochquellenwasserleitung) built during the last years of the Austrian-Hungarian Monarchy to supply the city with drinking water. … Continue reading

Book: SimLab – departure to new worlds

New book release: „departure to new worlds“ is an illustrated book providing an overview about SimLab’s recent scientific activities with the emphasis on planning and complexity, energy and environment, teaching, 3D virtual realities and how to use them to enhance civic engagement in planning processes. It was published in the framework of SimLab at TU Wien. The book is … Continue reading